Based in Bellevue, WA United States
8 February, 2017
Leaving Lyndow is a short, first-person exploration adventure game, set in the Eastshade universe. It's Clara's last day on the island where she grew up. With high honors, she's graduated and fulfilled her childhood dream of joining the Guild of Maritime Exploration. She needs to complete preparations, visit her favorite places, and say her goodbyes before leaving on a journey she may not return from. *dangerous journey not included*
In September 2016, we chose to take a break from Eastshade development to make Leaving Lyndow. The reasons for this were threefold: Firstly, as an independent studio who'd never shipped a game, we felt unprepared to manage the logistics of a large release like Eastshade. You only get to launch a title once, and we felt one misstep could compromise four years of perseverance. This small game gave us a chance to experience the process first. Secondly, we wanted additional funding to supplement Eastshade’s development while remaining independent. Finally, we felt Leaving Lyndow enriches the Eastshade universe, and was a great way to begin building out the world for people.
- Leaving Lyndow is a peaceful experience, with a detailed environment to explore at your own pace.
- Examine objects to learn about the life and world of a young scientist preparing to leave home.
- Partake in mini-games that further reveal the story.
- A populated place: Speak with friends and family as they prepare for the departure of a loved one.
- Short and sweet: An experience that can be completed in one sitting.
Official Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Leaving Lyndow will only last you an hour, tops, but it’s worth it."
- Nathan Grayson, Kotaku
- "It reminds me of a walk in the country followed by a pint of pale ale in The Crown, perhaps a friendly chat with a retired couple called Brian and Maureen."
- Colin Campbell, Polygon
- "a gorgeous adventure game"
- Joe Donnelly, PCGamer
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Email Notification Signup
We'll only send you an email for major news like a announcing a new title, releasing a trailer, or launching a game. eastshade.com.
We make sure to post extremely inconsistently and with terrible content. (jk content is good, but inconsistent) eastshade.com.
About Eastshade Studios
Eastshade Studios is an American independent game studio founded by Danny Weinbaum.
More information on Eastshade Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Leaving Lyndow Credits
Founder, Design, Art, Programming, Writing, Sound
Design, Writing, Illustration